Friday, May 8, 2009

Long haul flights BITE!!!!

Andrew and Sharon going for a walk in Norway:



Well we are finally here in Norway and in an 'OK' state of mind to actually write coherently... well of that you may be the judge! Norway is fantastic... long haul flights to get there however are NOT. Especially when one was not feeling the best to begin with! All I can say is it was an interesting experience coughing up a storm when the whole world is on high alert for the suspected 'swine flue'. Especially when arriving into Hong Kong airport to find that they where screening for temperatures... I was fortunate to scrape through but felt sorry for those who did not and where put into quarantine just for passing through a country!
We are just getting over our jet lag though in saying that my whole world still feels as though it is moving, as is this computer. But are now able to go for a few walks through Kristiansund (the town we are staying in) and I have to say I would describe pretty much the whole of Norway as 'cute'... I mean they still have houses with grass growing on their roofs, and I people have been known to trim them by putting goats up onto the roof... as I say 'cute'! It is great being able to stay with Andrew’s family and meeting their wee baby and we are excited to spend more time with them doing new and exciting things! That is all I have to say and will let you know more about Norway when we are feeling more up to being adventurous.
By the way there are no photos of us whilst travelling... that would have been bad!

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love over zelus health public health services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice handbag Andy!!! Hahaha :) All class you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I know.. I wondered what happened to poor innocent people who just had a mild fever or a lady going through menopause who just happened to have a hot flush at the wrong time!
    Andy likes hand bags and is just hinting at you to buy him a pink one Nathan!... Either that or its his sisters shopping bag...
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete